When considering the materials you will need, please bear in mind:
- Glitter, PVA glue and anything with feathers or natural fibres are strictly prohibited in the gallery spaces. Please ensure no costumes or installations include these items.
- Please avoid including wet materials (paint, ink, glue), sharp objects (knives, scissors etc.) or living plants in your proposal as they are not allowed in gallery spaces
- Please note bringing your own alcohol into the museum is strictly prohibited. All food and drink is not permitted in any of the gallery spaces. Please avoid including any of these items in your proposal.
When outlining the types of space and resources you will need, please bear in mind:
- Your equipment list should include materials you will bring and materials you will need from us e.g. tables, chairs, etc… This can be a simple bullet point list.
- Please share information with us about: how do you imagine the set-up? how long would you need to set-up? how long would you need to de-install? Parking arrangements – how will you and your equipment be arriving? Will you be picked up by courier or require parking? Please note we have very limited parking facilities at the V&A and will know our parking allocation 3 weeks prior to the event.
By submitting your application you are opting in to receive future communication about Ella Britton’s residency. If you would not like to be contacted by Ella or the V&A team on Ella’s behalf please let us know.